PRAYING THE EXAMEN

WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

A Midweek Spiritual Workout with Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin

PRAYING THE EXAMEN



St. Ignatius Loyola developed a simple life-changing prayer entitled The Examen.

The Examen is a method of reviewing your day in the presence of God. It’s an attitude more than a method, a time set aside for thankful reflection on where God is in your everyday life. It has five steps, which most people take in order, and usually takes 15-20 minutes daily. Here it is in a nutshell:

ASK GOD FOR LIGHT.

I recall and see my day with God’s eyes, not merely my own.

GIVE THANKS.

I’m grateful because I know that the day I have just lived is a gift from God.

REVIEW THE DAY.

I carefully look back on the day invoking the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

FACE YOUR SHORTCOMINGS.

I acknowledge what is wrong in my life, in my heart, in my soul, and in me.

LOOK FORWARD TO TOMORROW.

I ask God where, when, and how I need Him to be with me in the day to come.

On this SPIRITUAL WORKOUT WEDNESDAY, pray the Examen. Follow the five steps and see where they lead. Every journey begins with the first step. Step up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH