I PRAYED; GOD ANSWERED

WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

A Midweek Spiritual Workout with
Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin

I PRAYED; GOD ANSWERED

I asked God for strength that I might achieve.

I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health so that I might do greater things.

I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches so
that I might be happy,

I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.

I was given weakness that I might feel the need for God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.

I was given life so that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for but everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am, among all, most richly blessed.

In this Midweek Spiritual Workout, let’s remember that our prayers do not change God, but our God does change us through our prayers. We often pray for what we want, but God gives us what we need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH