I PRAYED; GOD ANSWERED

 WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

A Midweek Spiritual Workout with 
Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin



I PRAYED; GOD ANSWERED

 




 I  asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
 I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

 I asked God for health, that I might do greater things.

 I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

 I asked God for riches, that I might be happy.
 I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

 

I asked God for power, that I might have the praise of men.

I was given weakness, that I might feel the need for God.

 

I asked God for all things, that I might enjoy life.

I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

 

I received nothing that I asked for,

but everything I had hoped for.

 

Almost despite myself,

my unspoken prayers were answered.

 

I am, among all others, 
most richly blessed.


On this Spiritual Workout Wednesday, let's rethink what we ask of God by asking Him what he asks of us. Let's listen to the message He wants us to hear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH