WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

A Midweek Spiritual Workout with Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin

I AM: LIVING IN THE PRESENT




I was regretting the past and fearing the future.

Suddenly my Lord was speaking:

“My name is I am.”

He paused. I waited. He continued.

“When you live in the past with all its mistakes and regrets, it is hard.

I am not there.

My name is not I was.


When you live in the future with its problems and fears, it is hard.

I am not there.

My name is not I will be.


When you live in this moment, it is not hard.

I am here.

“My name is I am.”

And I am with you.

 

On this Spiritual Workout Wednesday, when regrets haunt you, worries trouble you, and future fears numb you, remember that God says His name is I am and “I am with you.” Make His name your mantra and whisper it throughout the day, “I am.” Take courage in His presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH