PRAYER OF ST. AUGUSTINE OF HIPPO

 WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

A. Midweek Spiritual Workout with
Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin

PRAYER OF ST. AUGUSTINE 
OF HIPPO



Late Have I Loved You,

O Beauty ever ancient, ever new.

Late have I loved You! 

You were within me, but I was outside myself, 

and there I sought You!

In my weakness, I ran after the beauty of the things You made.

You were with, me, but I was not with You.

The things You made kept me from You –

Those things which would have no being unless they existed in You!

You called.

You shouted, and You pierced my deafness.

You radiated forth.

You flared, blazed, and banished my blindness.

You sent forth Your fragrance. I breathed it in, and I long for You.

I have tasted You, and now I hunger and thirst for You.

You touched me, and I burn for Your peace.

  

~ Confessions of St. Augustine, X, 27, 38, St. Augustine of Hippo (354 – 430)

On this Spiritual Workout Wednesday, let’s enjoy the things we own without allowing the things we own to own us. Let's remember that all is gift. God is the giver. He owns us. Let's allow Him to own us by surrendering to Him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH