PRAYER OF UNKNOWING

WEDNESDAY WORKOUT

A Midweek Spiritual Workout with
Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin

PRAYER OF UNKNOWING


My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
I don't really know myself, and just because I think I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
 

But I believe that the desire to please You does, in fact, please You.
I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
 

And I know that if I do this, You will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it.
 
Therefore, I will trust You always, though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
 
I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.
 

You are my rock, my anchor, and my reassurance at all times, especially when I have no idea where I am going and cannot see the road ahead of me.

I trust in You.

~Thomas Merton

 On this SPIRITUAL WORKOUT WEDNESDAY, let’s acknowledge those times when we just don’t know, those times of confusion and indecision when we feel lost and uncertain. Then, let’s remember whose we are and pray from the depths of our hearts, “Jesus, I trust in You.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH