YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS

WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

A Spiritual Workout with 
Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin

YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS

There once was a wise man that was known throughout the land for his wisdom. One day a young boy, feeling that it was his duty, decided to test the wise man and prove that the wise man was a fake.

The boy thought to himself, “I will bring a live bird to test the wise man. I will hold the bird behind my back and I will ask him whether the bird is dead or alive. If he says that it is alive, I will squeeze the bird and kill it. If he says the bird is dead, I will free the bird and let him fly away. Either way, I will prove that the wise man is a fake!”

With that idea in mind, he approached the wise man and asked, “Oh wise man, I have a bird in my hand. Can you tell me if the bird is dead or alive?”

The wise man paused for a moment and replied, “Young man, that which you hold in your hands is what you make of it. If you wish the bird to be dead, then it will die. If you desire the bird to live, it will surely live.”

The young boy realized that the answer given was indeed that of a man of wisdom.

The destiny of each of our lives rests within our own two hands. The decisions we make determine the success or failure of every venture we pursue.

On this Spiritual Workout Wednesday, remember that the decisions we make during Advent determine whether the coming Christmas Season will be an uplifting spiritual experience celebrating the birth of the Savior or a search for the material and secular that leaves us empty. The choice is yours. Choose wisely!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH