IN HIS IMAGE

WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

A Midweek Spiritual Workout with
Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin

IN HIS IMAGE

 

I slipped His fingers; I escaped His feet.

I ran and hid for Him; I feared to meet him.

 

One day, I passed Him, fettered on a tree.

He turned His head and looked and beckoned me.

 

Neither by speed nor strength could He prevail.

Each hand and foot were pinioned by a nail.

 

He could not run nor clasp me if He tried,

but with His eyes, He bade me reach His side.

 

“For pity's sake,” thought I, “I’ll set you free.”

“Nay, take this Cross,” He said, “and follow Me.”

 

This yoke is easy. This burden light.

Not hard, nor grievous if you wear it tight.

 

So did I follow Him who could not move,

An uncaught captive in the hands of Love.”

 ~ Elizabeth Cheney, 15th century poet

On this SPIRITUAL WORKOUT WEDNESDAY, remember that Christ bore the burden of our sins. He suffered, died, and rose for us. His crucifixion is our redemption. Faith does not mean being taken down from a cross; it means being lifted to heaven…sometimes by a cross.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH