DEATH’S DOOR

WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

A Midweek Spiritual Workout with
Fr. Marino H. Msigala, OFM Capuchin
 

DEATH’S DOOR

A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, “Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on the other side.” 

Very quietly, the doctor said, “I don’t know.”

“You don’t know? You’re a Christian and don’t know what’s on the other side?”

The doctor stood at the door, ready to open it. On the other side, there was the sound of scratching and whining. As the doctor opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him in an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said, “Did you notice my dog? He’s never been inside this room before. He didn’t know what was inside. All he knew was that his master was here. When the door opened, he ran in without fear. I know little about what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing…I know my Master is there, and that is enough for me.”

On this SPIRITUAL WORKOUT WEDNESDAY, ask yourself, “Do I fear death?” “Why do I or do I not fear death?” “How can I overcome my fear?” Take courage. Courage is fear that has said its prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

6 RULES OF LIFE

FACING OUR LITANY OF FEARS WITH FAITH